Filmed at the inaugural Direct Booking Summit in Singapore, the series explores challenges that hoteliers in Australia, Indonesia and Thailand expect in 2019.
Last year, we investigated the state of hospitality in Asia-Pacific – the world’s fastest developing travel market. Since then, the region has experienced the rise of local OTAs and the rollout of Booking.basic, Chinese travel boom, intensified problem with rate leakage and much more. To understand the impact it has on the hospitality industry and prepare hotels for 2019, we spoke to insiders from Australia, Indonesia and Thailand. Here’s what they had to say.
Watch this series to learn:
- Expert opinions on most talked-about hospitality challenges in Asia-Pacific
- How to improve mobile and payment experiences to meet your customer demands
- Implications of Chinese travel in 2019: from China-friendly to China-ready
- Insights into Booking.basic, the state of metasearch and ‘wholesaler challenge’
- How to get the most out of a relationship with your OTA.
- Michael Belanger, Vice President Revenue & Distribution, GCP Hospitality
- Yusuf IJsseldijk, Managing Director, SIMIA SOLUTIONS
- Chetan Patel, VP Strategic Marketing & E-Commerce, ONYX Hospitality Group
- Claude Sauter, General Manager, The Surin Phuket
- Ngurah Sumardianta, Area Revenue Manager, Bali Mandira
- Anthoney Jayasekera, Chief Digital Officer, Swissbloc Capital (formerly Minor Hotels)
- Chantelle Veness, Group Director of Sales & Marketing, The Lancemore Group